Coca-Cola HBC publishes 2016 integrated annual report: "Entering the Growth Era"
Coca-Cola HBC AG has published its fifth integrated annual report, “Entering the growth era”, which demonstrates the progress made on all aspects of business, governance and sustainability performance during 2016.
The company's business model supports its growth and defines the activities that it engages in, the relationships it depends on and the outputs and outcomes it aims to achieve in order to create value for all of its stakeholders in the short, medium and long term.
Within this framework, Coca-Cola has communicated sustainability‑related targets with a 2020 horizon, which are relevant to almost all aspects of its business. These 2020 sustainability targets form part of the company's overall strategic plan and reflect its determination to grow its business responsibly, profitably and sustainably. In 2016, we:
- Sold 2.1 billion unit cases of beverages, serving a population of 595 million consumers
- Directly employed over 31,000 people
- Generated net profit of €344 million
- Paid a total of €281 million in taxes
- Invested €7.3 million in community programmes
- Invested €4.4 million in water saving initiatives
- Partnered with our suppliers to realise €3,138 million of spend
- Reduced water ratio by 3.5% vs. 2015
- Reduced CO2 ratio (Scopes 1 & 2) by 6.1% vs. 2015
- Reduced landfill ratio by 32.9% vs. 2015
Coca-Cola's efforts in the area of sustainability are being recognised internationally. Coca-Cola HBC was named industry leader amongst beverage companies in the Dow Jones World and Europe Sustainability Indices (DJSI) for the third consecutive year in 2016, a first among beverage companies.