The Commission's Plans to Boost EU Industry Competitiveness
On February 27, EU Ministers of European Affairs, Industry and Research gathered at the European Council to discuss measures to:
- Support the industry’s contribution to a climate-neutral Europe
- Reduce the risk of carbon leakage
- Facilitate the transition to a circular economy through digitalisation.
In its conclusion, the Commission was encouraged by the Council to:
- Accelerate initiatives, such as the carbon adjustment, working towards a Carbon Border Tax;
- Consider the interests of SMEs and micro-enterprises, as they are seen as key drivers of sustainability and innovation;
- Improve on the process of re-evaluating existing EU laws to check if they are fit-for-a-greener-industry
Join us on 30 April at the CSR Europe webinar on "The EU Industrial Strategy" to discover the impact it will have on companies.