ENGIE and European Trade Union Federations sign new European Agreement on Professional Gender Equality
On December 21, ENGIE and the three European trade union federations (IndustriALL, EPSU, and EFBWW) signed a new European Agreement of indefinite duration on professional gender equality.
To encourage women’s career development in the Group, ENGIE will pay particular attention to women occupying non-managerial positions, including technical areas.
All the companies of the Group in Europe will develop and follow their own action plans that will implement the agreement. All the action plans will be committed to:
- enable an equivalent career path, regardless of working time, while promoting a better work-private life balance for both women and men;
- achieve equal pay for identical working conditions;
- prevent sexual harassment and sexist behaviour;
- provide support for reorganisations and mobility while being vigilant in relation to the work-private life balance;
- ensure that suppliers and subcontractors act in compliance with the laws with regard to equality and non-discrimination.