CSR Europe announces the setting up of 2 working groups to go with its programme on sustainability management and transparency. The working groups will contribute to our mission to increase integration of sustainability into business models and management of companies.
WHAT TOPICS WILL THE WORKING GROUPS ADDRESS?
1. Non-financial reporting working group: Continuous support and engagement with members to ensure reporting is used as a tool to improve sustainability performance. This working group aims at:
- Enhancing the application of reporting as a tool in all companies (for beginners and more advanced ones);
- Engaging relevant stakeholders to integrate their valuable feedback in reporting practice and usage;
- Defining how to measure and communicate impact through reporting and beyond.
2. Investors engagement working group: Investors community attention and efforts to integrate sustainability in investment decision is growing at a pace faster than ever (59% of investors consider CSR reports essential or important to drive investment decision according to a recent EY report).
Such a trend in capital markets not only will affect individual companies, but it is also a unique opportunity to impact on a wider ecosystem of investments and resource allocation. For the change to happen, engaging investors is crucial. Therefore, this working group aims at:
- Mapping the current state of play and practices from companies in engaging investors;
- Drawing suggestions for improvement and;
- Identifying tools to better engage with investors on CSR and sustainability matters.
WHAT OUTCOMES CAN COMPANIES EXPECT?
The working groups will ensure a more structured and tailored approach to learning work activities. "The methodology CSR Europe proposes includes engaging more directly with members to cooperate towards common deliverables." says Rosanna Tufo, project Manager at CSR Europe.
"Also, we recognise the importance of the external context of the topics proposed (i.e. Non-financial reporting EU Directive, Sustainable Finance Action Plan) and these will be central to the working group approach and in the making of relevant outcomes."
HOW TO ENGAGE?
On the May 15, CSR Europe will host a webinar to better introduce the two working groups and collect further feedback from members. Please register here for the webinar.
Interested Companies will need to confirm their expectations and participation by May 30.
Please contact Rosanna Tufo (email@example.com) to request additional information.