CSR HELLAS, Greek National Partner of CSR Europe, initiates the 1st Public – Private Partnership in the field of vocational education and training in the field of Sustainability and Responsibility, cooperating with the University of Crete and The American College of Greece.
The Summer School approaches traditional Corporate Social Responsibility issue widening its scope towards the New CSR covering the Corporate Sustainability and Responsibility topics of modern businesses. The Summer School aims to provide advanced training to leading professionals, entrepreneurs and young researchers about the identification of sustainability-related business opportunities, the inclusion of sustainability in the core of business strategy, as well as about the ensuing responsible corporate management.
The Summer School on CSR will take place from Monday, September 23rd to Saturday, September 28th, 2019 at the premises of The American College of Greece, in Athens.
During these six days, the participants will attend lectures from leading academic faculty members; discuss case studies presented by experienced senior professionals, and experiment with relevant real business cases. Tutors of the Summer School will be
- Dr. Ioannis Ioannou, London Business School,
- Dr. Constantine Manasakis, University of Crete,
- Dr. Alexandros Antonaras, University of Nicosia & CSR Cyprus
- Dr. Pavlos A. Vlachos, The American College of Greece
- Mr. Jan Noterdaeme, Catholic University of Louvain & CSR Europe
The objectives of the Summer School on CSR
- Raise awareness: Ideas for generating sustainable value for business and society will arise through a higher level of awareness about corporate responsibility and SDG from leading academic faculty members and senior professionals with expertise in the field.
- Provide advanced training in the management of sustainability in business: Obtaining managerial capabilities, through training future corporate leaders in the relevant tools, constitutes a prerequisite for exploiting the business opportunity of SDGs. This objective is in line with the first UN Principle for Responsible Management Education.
- Promote interaction among current and future professionals, researchers and faculty members related to corporate responsibility and SDGs, so as to disseminate and extend our knowledge regarding the effective approaches and challenges in meeting social and environmental responsibilities. This objective is in line with the fourth, the fifth and the sixth UN Principle for Responsible Management Education.
LEARN FROM WORLD-CLASS EXPERTS
During these days, the participants will attend lectures from leading academic faculty members; discuss case studies presented by experienced senior professionals, and experiment with relevant business cases.
WORK ON REAL-CASE SCENARIOS
In order to receive their certificate participants will have the opportunity to work on real-case scenarios, analyzing existing issues faced by corporations in their effort to better manage their impact. To that end, all participants will be asked to collaborate with other trainees in working-groups of 4-6 members working together with their professor on real-case scenarios, developing specific approaches including proposals to the examined business on issues related to the wider focus of the training.
GRADUATE WITH A DIPLOMA WHILE WORKING
Upon successful completion of the programme including efficient participation in the development of the analysis reports of real-case scenarios, participants will be awarded a certificate by CSR HELLAS, in collaboration with the University of Crete and The American College of Greece.
ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER
This integrated approach, combining academic excellence and global business expertise and know-how, is expected to constitute the ground for solid state-of-the-art knowledge in the topics of the Summer School on CSR.
BECOME MEMBER OF A WIDER NETWORK OF PROFESSIONALS
This integrated approach is also expected to contribute to a great extent and to offer opportunities towards the establishment of business networks for continuous interaction and transfer of knowledge between promising young professionals, well-recognized senior professionals and faculty experts in the fields.
EXPLORE THE MOTHER-CITY OF DEMOCRACY
The social programme of the Summer School on CSR will give the participants the opportunity to explore Athens! The city of Athens offers a wealth of museums, a summer-long arts festival, historical sightseeing, amazing nightlife and events throughout the year. Your stay in Athens will be one to remember!
Register and find out more at www.sustainabilityschool.eu